CysterWigs maintains an internal list of folks who are permanently banned from this site as well as any other associated businesses. This list is not disclosed to the public. (However, if you are a fellow wig store owner, we are happy to provide this to you in exchange for a similar list of your problem clients!)
Historically, I have only bounced people from the site who have been:
- Abusive to me or my associates
- Stolen from my store via chargeback or return fraud (or attempts at these kinds of fraud)
- High risk for fraud
Everyone I’ve ever banned permanently from the site deserved it because they were not the kind of folks I would feel comfortable doing business with in the first place.
While we reserve the right to refer people to other stores if we feel we don't fit their needs, we won't ban them outright unless they really deserve it.
This is a more detailed account of how they ended up on this list (so you can avoid the same fate):
- Chargebacks are always an instant, permanent ban.
- PayPal disputes may result in a ban, depending on the circumstances. Usually, this is a misunderstanding that can be resolved. Sometimes, though, people use this in an attempt to circumvent store policies. In those instances, this results in a permanent ban.
- Harassing, unkind, or otherwise rude emails may result in a permanent ban if they persist, especially after a warning has been issued. Life is too short to do business with people who go out of their way to be abusive.
- Threatening language towards Heather or any other employee of CysterWigs, or their partner companies (or the message board moderators, via extension) results in a permanent ban. We consider a threat to be any coersive language that is phrased, "If you don't X, I will Y."
- Bullying, mean, or insulting language towards anyone in the forums may result in a temporary ban, which if repeated, may eventually result in a permanent ban. We want the forums to be a positive, safe, loving space. If you can't play nice, you can't play. I'm willing to give people a little warning if they get close to the line, but trolling will not be tolerated. I need to protect my Cysters. ;)
So, basically: follow the rules, ask questions in advance if you need to, and, to quote Bill & Ted, "Be excellent to each other."
If you do these three things, you should be A-OK!