At CysterWigs.com, we believe that knowledge is power, and that giving you access to our staff and knowledge base is only part of the helpful equation. The other big, awesome piece to that problem-solving puzzle is your ability to ask other members of the wig wearing world their opinions about products, too! :)
Our ever-growing, highly diverse, worldwide community of wig-wearers deserves a safe, welcoming environment for expression. This is especially true when you consider what an emotionally-charged thing something like hair can be! We need to have each other's backs.
When engaging with them and with us:
- Please use respectful language.
- Please only share truthful information.
- Please refrain from using profanity.
- Please refrain from using the message boards as a means of inquiring about a pending order on the website; your message will take an eternity to reach us if you handle things this way!
In other words, be nice so we can learn from each other!
Most of our clients wear wigs because they are experiencing some kind of medical hair loss. That’s a bummer all on its own – so we definitely want the CysterWigs social pages to be a positive place to hang out and recharge your Soul Batteries. Because we try to be sensitive to this mission and the community we serve, we reserve the right to remove any content we feel may be nasty, negative, a PTSD trigger, or something likely to spoil your journey of self-discovery.
If we're alerted to posts of this nature, we will diligently do away with:
- Inappropriate links (including ones to our competitors’ sites)
- Negative comments about people’s bodies, appearances, blogs, or social media channels
- Pushy proselytizing
- Any degrading, derogatory, or downright threatening language
- Malicious gossip about other members of the wig blogosphere or gossipy talk about other wig stores or people in general
Curious about how these guidelines apply to specific sections of our community?
Keep scrolling to find out all the juicy details! ;)
Product Reviews In The Forums
If you have feedback about a problem with an item – like if an item arrived in less than satisfactory condition, or you have any other customer service issues – PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY so we can try to help you out!
We reserve the right to disapprove any review regarding an issue that we could’ve helped you with had you contacted us directly! (Plus, to be honest, being passive-aggressive like that is just plain unnecessary, so of course we’re going to to take down comments like that.)
We go above and beyond to provide multiple ways for our customers to let us know what they think of the products they buy:
- Customer provided product reviews right on the product pages! Our customers are encouraged to review all of their purchases using product reviews with our Customer Review App. These reviews and comments are almost ALWAYS approved, even if they’re negative about the product. The only exceptions are reviews containing any foul language or slanderous information about specific individuals, blogs, or competing websites, as well as any comment that would be better sent to us directly as a Help Desk ticket. The comments are meant to help other people shop, so it's not the appropriate place to discuss things that only pertain to your specific order, such as shipping updates.
- You can open a support ticket with CysterWigs if you have any issues about your specific order or an order you're thinking or placing with us! firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can send an e-mail directly to the store owner if you want to talk shop about anything else! email@example.com NOTE: If your question can be handled by the Help Desk staff, I (Heather, the owner) reserve the right to forward it onto them because that's what I'm paying them to do!
While we have absolutely no problem with folks sharing their opinions of our products in the forums, please bear in mind that this is a place for you to show and share how you wear your wigs, to share styling ideas, and get inspiration. THIS is the intended purpose of the forum.
We want our community to be able to see and read about how each item looks, feels, and fits on people of different genders, sizes, races, facial builds, and body types. We also want to know how well it works with unique situations and environments, and as a source of tips for how you dealt with those situations when they cropped up!
Some helpful tips to guide you along:
- Please only review items that you own and have purchased from CysterWigs; unlike other wig forums, this is not a place to share details of competing sales outlets or to complain about other wig websites or their policies.
- Consider what you would like to know before purchasing an item.
- Ask any questions you have prior to ordering. It’s what our help desk team is here for!
- When writing a product review, be as specific and descriptive as possible about the fit, quality, and anything else you can think of that will help someone else out.
- Describing your head and face shape and providing your measurements is also an excellent place to start you product review!
- If an item suited you beautifully, tell us why. But if it wasn’t quite what you expected, tell us what didn’t work. We definitely want to know either way!
- Where did you wear it the first time you wore it? How many compliments did you get? Tell us your story! :)
Whatever you write, please be polite!
Any reviews, photos, or comments containing inappropriate material will not be approved. This may consist of, but is not limited to:
- URLs or links of any kind
- Derogatory or discriminatory language, profanity, and / or sexually explicit, abusive, or offensive material
- Infringement upon copyrights or trademarks
- Negative or disparaging comments about other customers or CysterWigs that are not constructive
- Please do not mention retailers other than CysterWigs in your review. We want to hear feedback solely regarding the item purchased from CysterWigs. Though all feedback is taken into account, we do reserve the right to disapprove reviews with these references, as it violates our site-wide policy. (Seriously, guys. We’re the ones paying to keep the lights on here, so please do us a favor and honor this guideline.)
CysterWigs Main Site and Social Media - Instagram, Twitter, FaceBook, Pinterest:
- CysterWigs is always looking for fabulous and fun product photos from our clients to share on the main website and our various social media channels!
- To submit your photo, simply upload it to the forums OR send it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once submitted, it will remain publicly available on our site to inspire others!
- We claim ownership of all user-submitted content, including anything you upload to our site from your Instagram, and reserve the right to use such content throughout the site, in marketing materials, or however else we see fit.
- We reserve the right to disable or remove user-submitted content we feel is unacceptable for any reason. If you have questions about why something was removed, please contact us.
Almost all of the blog posts on CysterWigs – as well as the FAQ articles in the CysterWigs Knowledge Base – were written by Heather, the owner of the store, unless otherwise specified in the content of the article.
That being said, most of the COMMENTS on these things are from our readers! We do moderate for spam, so please allow some time for your comments to appear, especially if it is your first time submitting something to us.
We encourage you to engage in a friendly, fun dialogue with us via the blog comments. Just make sure your comments do not contain any of the following, as any of these three things constitute grounds for a rejected comment:
- Defamatory comments with excessively harsh language or comments that make personal attacks on our writers or other community members
- Comments containing sexually explicit language or any comment we deem to be offensive
- Comments containing spam or comments that link to a competitor’s site
All blog content and comments are copyrighted and are the sole property of CysterWigs.com and its team of authors unless where otherwise specified. We retain the right to remove any content for any reason at the discretion of our editors and team members.
Social Media Comments & Messages
Our social networks and online communities are polite and positive places that encourage openness, sharing, self-expression, and inspiration. In order for them to stay alive and thrive, we ask that you keep your messages and comments civil and constructive.
The Golden Rule rules!
We reserve the right to remove any content or comments containing inappropriate or objectionable material. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Comments containing offensive material, such as discriminatory or sexist language, profanity, or controversial and / or sexually explicit material.
- Comments containing spam, promoting an agenda, or referencing a competitor's site. Please keep it on-topic and relevant to CysterWigs.
- Comments containing sensitive account information (e.g. e-mail addresses, order numbers). Customer security is a top priority for us!
- Negative, disparaging, or nonconstructive comments addressed to individuals. We promote respect and acceptance. Conversely, positive comments addressed to individuals will not be deleted, as long as they do not contain inappropriate material. If you ever see content that you feel is inappropriate, please let us know by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
We welcome and encourage your practical feedback, questions, and suggestions for us via social media! We LOVE getting to know you better as a person, and not just a customer. We try to address and respond as often as feasible! Please keep in mind the following info:
- Comments will be addressed as quickly as possible, but please note, our Social Media Team operates on Eastern Standard Time (EST) and is not available on weekends, evenings, or holidays. For urgent matters, please contact our Customer Care team
- This policy will be subject to change as CysterWigs’ presence on social networks continues to grow. We retain the right to make final decisions regarding comments, messages, media, and / or other content posted, sent, or received through CysterWigs branded accounts and profiles. We also retain the right to remove any content for any reason at the discretion of our team members.