Trans* is an umbrella term which describes people whose gender identities and expressions are not fully defined by the gender they were assigned at birth. Trans* people may identify as one, none, or with several of the following gender-related identities: Agender, androgyne, bigender, gender fluid, genderfree, genderless, genderqueer, intergender, multigender, neutral, neutrois, nonbinary, third gender, trans*, transgender, transsexual, trans man, trans woman, and two-spirit, among others.
Articles in this section
- Transgender FAQ (Written by GLAAD)
- Transgender Resources (Compiled by GLAAD)
- VIDEO: John Oliver on Transgender Rights (NSFW)
- Tips for Allies of Transgender People (Written by GLAAD)
- This Is What ‘Cisgender’ Means
- This is What 'Intersex' Means
- What does Trans* mean?
- A little background information about Heather - and why it’s in this section of the site
- Interesting Gender Question #1: Why do boys and girls like different things growing up?