From a customer email:
I'm trying to decide between blondes for a J.R. Julianne wig. I would prefer a rooted color. Any advice you can give me with this?
To answer your question, I think you should ask yourself some questions!
Here are the color codes I'll be using:
12FS8 = Shaded Praline
14/26S10 = Shaded Pralines & Cream
27T613S8 = Shaded Sun
1. Do you want the color to be warm and golden or do you want some platinum thrown in for flavor?
- If golden: 14/26S10 or 12FS8
- If platinum (but only at the tips): 27T613S8
2. How dark do you want your rooting?
- If you want the contrast to be dramatic: 27T613S8 or 12FS8
- Subtle: 14/26S10
3. How do you want your highlights distributed?
- Subtle and all throughout the wig: 14/26S10
- Only on top of the wig, with a darker nape for contrast: 12FS8
- Only lighter at the tips, like natural sun bleaching: 27T613S8
NOTE: In my opinion, the 27T613S8 looks particularly gorgeous in longer styles due to the lighter tips. This color is fabulous on the Heidi, for example.