Eligibility is a quality control measure that ensures all of the returned wigs in our clearance section are in great shape and ready-to-wear! At CysterWigs, we inspect ALL returns thoroughly, individually, and on camera to ensure we never re-sell a worn or damaged product to someone else.
An “eligible wig” is one that has only been briefly tried on and is still in brand new condition.
No styling. No brushing. No playing with the part or fluffing. You’re only trying it on to see if it fits, because no one will want to buy your returned item if you style it or mess it up before they get it.
If we can't resell it and it's not defective, we will send it back to you and reject the return or exchange.
An eligible wig MUST be in the following condition:
1. Unworn and in the same brand new condition as when it arrived to your door.
By this, we mean that if someone else were to purchase and receive this item, they would not be able to tell that it was ever on your head or in your possession.
Some good examples of what not to do:
Do not wear it to work or the grocery store.
Do not change the part.
Do not comb it.
Do not bake a cake with it on.
Do not smoke while wearing it.
Do not attend prom while wearing it.
Do not spray stuff on the wig.
Do not vigorously “fluff” the crown to see how much volume you can get.
Do not loosen up the curls to see how relaxed they can look.
Do not film a review of it for YouTube -- unless you decide to keep it!
2. Must be in the same packaging with all the original tissue, box, tags, hairnet, and other materials.
Be careful when you’re repackaging your item!
3. Must not be combed, brushed, washed, cut, dyed, or altered in any way. (Repetitive warning, yes, but necessary!)
We're VERY picky about our returns!
We don't actually want to reject your returns! We just want to make sure whomever buys your return from us in the future ends up with a wig they'll love.
Some folks try to send messed up stuff back knowing we'll probably send it back and then get angry that we do what we have to do in those situations. That's why we're giving you plenty of warning about this in advance!
4. Must not have any detectable odors (such as cigarette smoke, sweat, leave-in products, glossers, perfume, etc.).
We absolutely sniff all of our returns!
5. Must not have anything sprayed or applied to the hair, including leave-in conditioners, glossers, and other wig care products. (Again, it's redundant, but important!)
Did we mention that we seriously sniff every return?
6. Must be free of signs of wear.
NOTE: If you suspect that the item is defective or had potential signs of wear BEFORE it arrived at your door, please let us know either on your return/exchange form or contact the CCHD before sending it in.
Examples of signs of wear include (but are not limited to):
Tangling at the nape of longer wigs.
Disrupted curl or wave patterns
Disrupted parts (most wigs will come with a zig-zag part off to one side)
Stretched out, broken, or distorted fibers due to brushing, etc.
Makeup on the interior of the cap.
Stretched out cap.
Damaged monofilament features, usually the result of pulling or rough handling.
Items that have been altered or customized in ANY way
7. Must not be excluded based upon any the criteria listed below for items that cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason.
Items that cannot be returned or exchanged for any reason:
Cosplay, costume, and “fantasy” wigs
Eyelashes and other cosmetic products
Overstock sale items
Hair care products and styling supplies
Liquids and aerosols
Gift cards and store credits
Wigs that have been altered to fit you in any way
Custom orders, defined as any item that is made specifically for you at your request*
Any items where the words “All Sales Final” or “Not Eligible For Return or Exchange” are advertised in the product description prior to purchase
All specialty items, defined as any item that cannot be ordered directly from the site without manager intervention.*
* Rule of thumb: if you have to contact us in order to buy the product because you don’t see it individually listed on the site, it’s a specialty item! This includes non-listed color variants for items otherwise listed on the site.