From a customer email:
Is there any chance they'd special order a Stevie wig in my favorite color Sandalwood H?
Some manufacturers will create a one-off custom wig in the color and/or cap construction of a clients choosing. This is VERY expensive, though!
- For example, Jon Renau charges 5 - 6x the regular cost of a wig to make a custom order for a client. We have no control over this cost, as they increase the wholesale cost for us by this much, too!
- Because of this, a custom synthetic wig will cost you several hundred dollars if they allow you to order just one-off.
- Custom human hair pieces are marked up even more!
- Some manufacturers won't do this unless you order a full run, such as 50 at a time. (Yikes!)
- Custom wigs can take 4 - 8 weeks to create and arrive at your door.
- These wigs are also completely non-refundable and are not eligible for return or exchange under any circumstances.
- They have to be paid for via BitPay on our site. No credit cards!
- So they are HIGH COST and HIGHER RISK. Therefore, we generally won't advise this path unless you have the money and are ok accepting this risk.
So before we delve into this matter any further, I want to give you this information to ponder. I want to be 100% up front about the way these custom orders work.
To answer this client frankly, she is much better off ordering a color ring to see if there is another blonde in that line that she would like when situations crop up when she can't order Sandalwood-H. The Creamy Toffee-R is extremely close, for example.